Bcharre - home of poetry, heritage and history
About this tour
Start your journey with an astonishing view from the highest point in Bcharre “the Jetée” and enjoy an amazing view of the Bcharre district and the Qannoubine Valley.
Then head for an easy walk inside the majestic Cedars forest of Bcharre.
Bekaa Kafra, the village of the Patron Saint of Lebanon, Saint Charbel, is our next stop. Enjoy a stroll in the oldest inhabited village in Lebanon; meet the locals, taste their food and browse preserved jams, organic honey and some Zaatar Baladé…
End your day in Wadi Qannoubine. Enjoy a walk alongside the valley and get to know more about Lebanon’s heritage, hermits and monasteries.
About this location:
Hometown of the famous Gebran Khalil Gebran, it is safe to say that Bcharre truly reflects all the beauty that lives on within the poet’s work. Two UNESCO World Heritage Sites lie within the district, the Qadisha Valley and the Cedars of God, one of the last remaining cedar forests in Lebanon. In the summer, the area is a great escape from the stifling chaos and heat of the city, the perfect location for the peaceful retreat you long for. In the winter the district is cloaked with a white sheet of snow, making the area perfect for skiing or snowshoeing.
What to bring:
- Cash money if you wanted to buy local products from region
- Water bottle
- Shoes: trail running or hiking shoes are the best option. Otherwise, any running shoes or a comfortable one for the whole day.
- Price: starting $50/person (minimum Two persons)
- Includes: Entrance fees, professional tour leader.
- Exclude: transportation – food.
- Schedule: 8:00 a.m. till 19:00 p.m.
- Languages: French and English