About this tour
Breath in Byblos Mountains:
Start your day in Afqa, tucked beneath the scenic and rugged high mountains, in the rocky slopes and deep canyons, the thrilling cave of Afqa is the site of one of the best-known waterfalls in the mountains of the Middle East.
From there we move to Chateau Wadih, to enjoy a selection of wine varieties, calvados, cider and more, before heading to Akoura, to have a typical Lebanese lunch made by the ladies of the village.
No visit to Akoura is complete without experiencing the legendary Rweiss Grotto, considered as the second large grotto in Lebanon after Jeita, Rweiss offers different discovery levels varying from easy to more advanced.
End the day with one of a kind hike, walking around Akoura renowned lakes, get the chance to meet with the shepherds and from there we continue by walk to Saydet el Aren, the highest peak of Byblos where an astonishing sunset view is awaiting you.
What to bring:
- Cash money if you wanted to buy local products from region
- Water bottle
- Shoes: trail running or hiking shoes are the best option. Otherwise, any running shoes or a comfortable one for the whole day.
- Price: starting $75/person (minimum Two persons)
- Includes: Entrance fees, professional tour leader, Caving professional guide, authentic Lebanese lunch made by the ladies of the villages
- Exclude: transportation.
- Schedule: 8:00 a.m. till 19:00 p.m.