Tour Rashaya: A trip to where Lebanon's modern history was made
About this tour
ABOUT THIS TOUR:
Take a trip and delve into the very place all of Lebanon's modern history was born. Visit the historical Rashaya Citadel, or the Citadel of Independence, and witness a turning point Lebanese History while looking out at the gorgeous mountain village. Have a taste of authentic jams, cheeses, and molasses all produced at Rashaya Gardens, a women-run initiative selling organic and local produce.
Rashaya is a city located in the south of Lebanon's Bekaa Governorate. Located on the western slopes of Mount Hermon, it is halfway between Jezzine and Damascus. A traditional town with its old paved streets and small shops, it preserves Lebanese history while bringing in a slight hint of modernism with the expansion of buildings in recent years. But it retains a distinctive feature of traditional stone houses with the famous red-tiled roofs. Treat yourself to an assortment of beautiful gold and silver jewelry in Byzantine styles at the souk. Located in the middle of the village, it has various small shops that sell local crafts and cheap goods that are enjoyed by both visitors and locals!
What to bring:
- Sunglasses, Hat, & Sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun
- Water bottle to stay hydrated
- Cash money if you wanted to buy local products from the region
- Shoes: Trail running or hiking shoes are the best options. Otherwise, any comfortable shoes for the whole day.
- Pick up & Drop off
- Local guide to show you the area
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Taste local bites
- Entrance fees to venues when applicable
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Gratuities (not included)
This Live Love Tour is powered by SEAL. It aims to foster authentic experiences & develop the economy and tourism in Rural Lebanon.
*Tour price varies based on the number of participants. Fill the form below to submit a request and receive a custom offer.