Akoura- take in the beauty of Byblos
About this tour
Start your day in Afqa, and discover its thrilling cave tucked beneath the scenic and rugged high mountains, in the rocky slopes and deep canyons. It is the site of one of the best-known waterfalls in the mountains of the Middle East, as well as a site of veneration for the Greek goddess Venus.
From there, head to Chateau Wadih, and enjoy a selection of wine varieties, calvados, cider and more, before setting off to Akoura for a typical Lebanese lunch made by the ladies of the village.
Of course, no visit to Akoura is complete without experiencing the legendary Rweiss Grotto. Considered as the second largest grotto in Lebanon after Jeita, Rweiss offers different discovery levels varying from easy to more advanced.
End the day with a one of a kind hike, walking around Akoura’s renowned lakes. Get the chance to meet with the region’s humble shepherds and from there, walk to Saydet el Aren, the highest peak of Byblos where an astonishing sunset view awaits you.
What to bring:
- Cash money if you wanted to buy local products from region
- Water bottle
- Shoes: trail running or hiking shoes are the best option. Otherwise, any running shoes or a comfortable one for the whole day.
- Price: starting $75/person (minimum Two persons)
- Includes: Entrance fees, professional tour leader, Caving professional guide, authentic Lebanese lunch made by the ladies of the villages
- Exclude: transportation.
- Schedule: 8:00 a.m. till 19:00 p.m.