Tour Maghdouche: Where orange blossoms bloom and tradition lives on
About this tour
ABOUT THIS TOUR
Mesmerize your senses through an aromatic tour around Maghdouche. Get ready to walk through vast, beautiful, orange blossom plantations and factories, and help local villagers with their production of orange blossom water and syrups. Walk by the ancient Roman ruins and trails, take a stroll through the charming small streets of the town, and visit the famous Lady of Awaiting.
ABOUT THE LOCATION:
Maghdouche is well known for harvesting the orange flower and using it in local products, such as orange-blossom water, marmalades, and syrups. At the beginning of the spring season, locals, farmers, and families all come together and participate in picking beautiful flowers to be sold or distilled. Join the villagers in picking out the flowers and enjoy a beautiful day in the sun. Then visit Maghdouche’s most famous site, Our Lady of Awaiting, a cave where it is believed that the Virgin Mary waited for Jesus while he visited neighboring villages. Behind the shrine, you can find an old Roman trail and carved stones that illustrate biblical events. Come visit and take in a breath of nature and fresh air.
What to bring:
- Sunglasses, Hat, & Sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun
- Water bottle to stay hydrated
- Cash money if you wanted to buy local products from the region
- Shoes: trail running or hiking shoes are the best options. Otherwise, any comfortable shoes for the whole day
- Pick up & Drop off
- Local guide to show you the area
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Taste local bites
- Entrance fees to venues when applicable
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Gratuities (not included)
*Tour price varies based on the number of participants. Fill the form below to submit a request and receive a custom offer.